Sunday, August 19, 2007

Trout Fishing in America



Absolutely no idea where they came up with the name, but I suppose it works.

Made these pictures on assignment a couple days ago at a concert. I arrived with only about four songs left in their set, right as night was setting in. I had been photographing a pep rally in Kansas City right before this and couldn't pull myself away from it. Felt like I hadn't made a good enough picture so kept pressing and pressing.

Trout Fishing in America's music is folky and somewhat geared toward a younger audience I believe. So I show up at the outdoor venue super rushed and literally ran down to the front of the stage and made pictures of parents and kids sitting in the lawn for a song. I arrived during a slow song apparently.

Then the band kicked it up. The place exploded into dance. Kids of all ages, some in fairytale costumes, and their parents flailing around dancing, barefoot and beaming. It was a riot. A happy happy riot.

With energy that positive you can't help but smile, and carry it with you.

No comments: