Monday, July 14, 2008

Seconds

This is the first time in my photographic life that I've been in one spot for longer than a year. I don't really know how I feel about it other than it's strange to be photographing the same things, in the same place, for a second time. Your county fairs, your cancer walks, your graduations, holidays... these all happen everywhere, but now I'm seeing them another time, in the same place. Guess all I can do is take what I know about places and use it to my advantage and try to see things differently.

I shot this swim meet last year. This time around I broke out the plastic fish tank.. and enjoyed some window light.. which I remember being ecstatic about last summer.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the first shot on this. I didn't quite understand though. You shot it through a window?

John Henry said...

Laura,

Thanks, but no the trick is to use a fish tank. I have a plastic five gallon tank you can partially submerge and stick your hand and camera down in the opening. Imagine a hull of a ship how the deck is above water but the bottom of the hull is below water.. and my camera the cargo. I guess that would make my fingers Team Zissou.

- JH