Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Couchsurfer Rachel

Last night as Rachel and I were walking back to my apartment to share music and look at photographs she mentioned that she felt blessed. And I get that. And I think being a part of the couchsurfing.com community plays a roll in how she feels and how I feel. Granted, she wasn't talking about this specific couchsurfing experience. Rather, something greater.. maybe an understanding, or a feeling of direction, that feeling that things are "right."

As she talked about being feeling blessed, I began to like the idea of it all, this feeling blessed. To have the self-awareness to create situations in your life, focusing on the moment, the now.. and realizing that things are good. And all this with the understanding that there will be bumps in the road... regardless though.. to follow your dreams anyway. And if maybe things aren't going as planned, I like the idea that you should feel blessed. To live this moment, soak it up, let the saturation in the colors absorb you, the coffee's rich aroma seep into your nostrils and feel the slight breeze from an open July door.


4 comments:

max bittle said...

my favorite post you lately johnny boy. well written and that first photo is very nice!

John Henry said...

Thanks man. Good vibes and good times.

Unknown said...

Yes, CS and most of all the mindset of those involved really has made a huge impression on me.

It's so easy become stagnant or shut down your senses when you are in the day to day drudge... hosting OR surfing always makes me thankful for each experience. It helps me see the light that has always been there as it falls across a new friend's face.

John Henry said...

Michelle,

Definitely. And man this summer is a busy season. I've got three more surfers queued up in the next couple weeks.

Hope you're well in Texas,

JH