Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Obama

Day off. Took the opportunity and hitched a ride with a reporter to El Dorado, Kan. Barack Obama was making a pit stop and I wanted to be there.


Everyone had a camera. Everyone. About 20 minutes before he was supposed to show (which was about an hour before he did show) I snuck up very close in the isles and knelt down next to some folks. I was camping the big CHANGE sign and also jockying for a position close to the ropes, where he would walk by. Was hoping as Obama entered the crowd would explode, and through the commotion I could focus on the sign and blur the rest of the frame. Instead everyone just raised his camera... me too.

I think this race is going to be an interesting one, and I hope to cover it more. Whether directly through the campaigning or focusing more on the issues.

It was a great experience, and really makes me appreciate the folks over at primary circus.

No comments: