Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Music of Doolin, Sunhild and the accordion

Sunhild hosted me for two days in Doolin where she was cat-sitting in a cottage overlooking the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. 

Between farms still but enjoying my time living out of a couple rucksacks and using my thumb and feet as main modes of transportation. Sunhild introduced me to a farmer in Miltown Malbay, who she met through hitchhiking. I'll be headed to this new farm along the coast of County Clare in a couple days to live out the remaining time I have here in Ireland. 

It's amazing what can happen if you just stick your thumb in the air and smile. Who you'll meet. What conversations will come. The where's you'll see passing by the window. 

Starting March 26 I'll be located on the island Santa Cruz de las Palmas, of the Canary Islands. Again, I'll be WWOOFing. From there I have no plans as of yet, but they always formulate. I will continue to pursue stories and poems. And I will be available for assignment. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Get down low and shoot through something." - my photojournalism prof

You seem to follow the "rule" above with success

I seem to follow the "rule" below with success

"even a monkey with a camera on it's back will eventually take a good picture, so keep shooting!" - the same prof

John Henry said...

Maybe "get down low and shoot through something" is a bit of a metaphor, Michelle.

It is often at our lowest where we find our inspiration and grow most as a human. Bring the passion with you through those times and continue to make pictures. - Certainly I follow this "rule."

Or maybe just shoot reflections, I'm not sure.