Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Here are a few snaps from an essay I'm working on about the little niche in American society called the fraternal orders. You know, the Elks Lodges, the Eagles Lodges, and their steady decline.

This was shot with a home-brew ring flash. Kind of clumsy shooting with it, but at least I'm mobile. The second picture is a portrait, which I feel weird about including, but I think the aesthetic (against the wall with heavy shadows kind of feel) kind of limits my ability to shoot all documentary.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

dood...these are fun. a nice alternative approach to familiar territory. look forward to seeing more....

John Henry said...

Thanks Thad. Yeah plan is to get in there and shoot like mad this month. Eagles members want to fix their dying membership and are excited about the idea of the story.