Sunday, December 16, 2007

assignments

Full day of shooting yesterday, coupled with a two inches of fresh snow. Avoided any major accidents while sliding around. Any day when I wake up, brush the snow off my Jeep, crank the heater and leave it in four wheel drive all day, is a good, good day. It's so very rewarding not accelerating above 40 miles per hour. Driving from assignment to assignment is such a busy rush most of the time, I really enjoy the way snow makes me slow down. Each activity is a small chore because of it.

Last year at this time in Criag we had had snow on the ground since mid September. I remember waking up that morning and going to my car thinking, no way in hell can I work today. Everything was covered with five inches of powder. That would have shut the world down back in Illinois. But my fire station pager was exploding with accident calls so I learned how to drive in the snow that day.

Yesterday though I caught up with a group of high school students getting crazy on the hills on the KU campus. Wishing I would have worked this particular scene a little longer.


Pageantry. Covered the Miss Kansas USA and Miss Kansas Teen USA contest. Here are a few frames while hanging out backstage prior to the event.


No comments: