Thursday, October 4, 2007

Signs




I'm not one to photograph signs, but these three sorta just happened. Tonight, walking the downtown.

Getting weird...

Oct. 19, 2007

This post could use some context.

I've been banging my head against the wall. I walk outside to photograph. Wander around, see something. Think to myself, that could make a picture. Then get this vomit reaction in my stomach for even thinking that. Hating that I'm recognizing things as pictures. The premeditation of it all was dragging me down.

So one night Max and I are chatting, and he ends up telling me to get off my ass and go shoot. Which is not uncommon for us to harp on one another like that.

So I do. Grab my camera and hit the sidewalk. There's a jazz show going on this night, and it's my destination in a round about way, but I went out on a mission to photograph as well.

And this is what I came back with. Three frames of signs. Not cognitively thinking about what the signs said at the time. I walked up to them and clicked. Warming up my fingers right.

Well I get back that night. And all this talk about inspiration... hard work... pushing... the next level... Anyway, the series of words spelled out struck me as odd.

I guess you had to be there.

No comments: