Sunday, September 9, 2007

the red balloon to do

This night started with a bike ride.

Something I haven't done in forever. Mainly because my bike has been sitting under my porch with two flat tires since I've been here in Lawrence. Some would call it laziness. Hell, I suppose I call it laziness. But nevertheless, I got around to it. The bike is fixed. And I thought Saturday night would be a good night to test it out. Talk about a pair of wings. That was just the rush and freedom I was looking for.

Buzzing by dark trees with lights poking out behind them. Stopping amidst traffic, waiting for the light to turn green so I could peddle around the bend. Kick stand, two sets of brakes, metal pedals, camera hanging around my neck.

The Red Balloon To Do is sort of a social of an art show. Various stores and houses around downtown Lawrence open up for a night, letting people totting red balloons come in and look at art. Art of any kind, it's open to anyone who enters. Which is rad. I volunteered to work part of it, guarding art at one of the houses. Turned out we were a bit overbooked, so I was set free to browse and photograph.

This was at the house.

After party and some of Kate modeling her red dress.


No comments: