Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Their medium, my medium



Taking pictures of artists is always enjoyable. Maybe it's that we have something in common, something in both of us deep down that drives us to create. I think a lot of the ease comes from being able to experiment and be geeky without feeling pressured.

I'm setting up this portrait and mumbling things about funky lighting, intensity and layering and I don't get one sideways look. Everyone just hung out patiently while I scratched my head and tried to realize what was slowly forming in my minds eye.

This is an artist collective, a group of people who get together to share ideas and plan these multi-artist shows. This collective, Fresh Produce Art Collective, is having a show Monday, my day off. Seemed like a nice crowd, going to go check it out.

Oh, so I uploaded two pictures from the take. I'd be interested in hearing which of the two you like. One is slightly more moment driven. The other I enjoy the composition more.

moment... composition ... moment ... composition...

I have been struggling over this power of balance lately between the two. Trying to focus more on moments, but have trouble enjoying my pictures built solely on moments.

No comments: