Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Romance


Couldn't pass up this couple cuddling on the lawn under some funky lights. Actually used a tripod (i know, i know, crazy) to make this picture. See, I don't trust the 2dh for anything really over 400iso. So i been using my flash a lot and will probably be carrying the tripod around more often.

Have been talking with a friend who mentioned how much she loves fireworks, going as far as calling them romantic. In the past several years I haven't been able to enjoy the show on the fourth, because I'm always taking pictures and rushing back to deadline. Christ, I'm actually sweating and sprinting. I tend to gravitate toward couples like this because maybe it is romantic. This is my romantic gratification.

Seemed like nice people anyway. We'll see how that color reproduces in the morning.

2 comments:

Marci said...

It IS a romantic photo - thanks for sharing it! Fireworks can go either way, I think - romantic and fun, or loud and annoying. Depends on who you are with, I suppose! Hope you had some fun overall :)

John Henry said...

Marci,

Thanks for the comments. Midwest nights in the summer are always a good time, especially on the fourth.

John