Tuesday, January 13, 2009

up at my window

pounding cups of tea cut with milk this evening. haven't had a decent cup of coffee since I left the states. no bother though, probably better that I get off that stuff. 


back hurting from what I'm guessing is two days of putting in fence at the farm in Boyle. 

the sun really is amazing this time of year in Ireland. it doesn't really stay out long, granted, but when it is out, wow. It never really rises above the trees, dawn breaks lazily at about 8:30 a.m. then it's a constant morning/evening light until night creeps in at about 4 p.m. 

took a stroll yesterday evening with the other wwoofer here, lieke, from holland, and I was laughing as I told her how much this part of Ireland looks like western kentucky, save for the stone houses and the occasional niche Irish novelty. funny really. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg. my neighbor has these but they don't just have the run of the town like this. awesome.